Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vitalstatistix

I always liked Asterix when I was young, I remember the village chief, Vitalstatistix.

The NS 22 weighs.... weight for it....  16.6kg

This does include two mudguards, chainguard, stand, bell and pannier racks.  The pedals are not original.  The dynamo and lights are not present.  I used electronic bathroom scales, (me + bike) - me, repeated several times.

The wheelbase (measured wheel nut to wheel nut) is 1025mm.  My mountain bike is about 1050mm.  The NS22 has a lower bottom bracket, the pedals can hit the ground when taking corners.  The cranks are 170mm long.  Ground to centre of bottom bracket axle is about 250mm, bike unladen.

I have noticed there are often several NS22 bikes on ebay.com.au in Australia, but I have not seen one in UK, US or French ebay.  One on US ebay was in fact in the Netherlands, in mint condition, I mentioned it a the other day.

Stephane Lapointe, in Quebec, has a collection of folding bikes, but has no NS22:

http://www.pistescyclables.ca/velos_pliants/index.htm  




No mention of the NS22 on the UK Folding Society website:


http://www.foldsoc.co.uk/


No mention www.foldingcyclist.com either


This dutch brochure dates the NS22 as from 1972, note the pump and toolbag, I have neither of these:


No comments:

Post a Comment