Thursday, December 23, 2010

stainless steel parts

A magnet will stick to the stand, chainguard and mudguards.  Not all stainless steel has this property.  The different kinds have their merits, let's not get into that here.

I moved the handlebars forward on my NS22, the angle of the final part I hold on to is not the best, they could be bent forwards, more like BMX bars.  When climbing a steep hill I hold on to the parts one bend down from the grips, my hands under:






Last night I searched ebay in US, Canada, UK, France and Australia.  There were two NS22 bikes, one in Australia, one in France.  The one in France was 40 euros with no bids yet, it was a non-folding version.  I can't save the image.  No NS22 on dutch ebay either, two other Peugeot bikes.  No NS22 on New Zealand ebay today, a few other Peugeots.

For some reason, I can save two 550A alloy wheels being sold in France, 30E each, the listing says they suit a Peugeot NS22.  I wonder if many other bikes ever used this size?:







I see on ebay.fr there is being sold a tube, suggesting 24" tubes and 550a are the same.  I guess a 550a can be stretched a bit to fit a 24", but I wonder if the reverse is possible:

Chambre à air MICHELIN 24X1,5-1,9 550A confort (presta)



No comments:

Post a Comment