Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Peugeot NS-22 folding bicycle

I thought I better mention the fact this blog is largely about a Peugeot NS-22 folding bicycle.  I have not used those words together often, doing so might help search engines know what it is all about.

I have feeling this bike is going on a journey somewhere....

To go places no other NS-22 has ever been...

The mint condition NS-22 on US ebay recently starting at $599 did not get any bids.  There goes my plan to snap up all the bargains in Australia and export them....

One thing I have not mentioned is my bike has presta valves on the tubes, like racing bikes.

It appears  http://www.cycles-louvet.com/roues-velo-moyeu-axe-roulement-mavic/3363-jante-550-a-alu-moyeu-axe-plein-avant-roues-.html

sell new 550A aluminium wheels

2 comments:

  1. Greetings:
    I recently sent an inquiry to Cycles Louvet regarding the 550A-sized wheels. They responded to my message, translated through Babelfish, and said that it would cost about 60 Euros to send them to the U.S., where I live. I was curious about whether you had made any similar inquiries, or perhaps had ordered some of the wheels.
    About a year ago, I ordered a set of tires for my own NS-22 from Schwalbe. They work great, but I'm still less than impressed with the bike's steel rims, which are heavy and tend to get knocked out of true after hitting even a small pothole. I'm seriously thinking about building up some 24-inch, 504 BMX wheels for this bike. It would probably cost about the same as the 550as from France. Of course, I'd still have some gently used Schalbes in the 550a size.
    Hoping to hear from you.
    Tom Howard

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have not investigated this myself, though I have seen them for sale on ebay.fr, so was aware they are still available.

    Do you know if many other bikes have used 550A wheels?

    ReplyDelete