Sunday, December 19, 2010

bent right crank?

I think the right crank is a bit bent, like the bike may have been dropped sometime.  This would explain it rubbing against the chainguard, and perhaps also my feeling the pedals are a bit closer together than normal, though perhaps this is true anyway.

This blog is part diary, part bike info and part mad ramblings.

Certainly not in the same league as Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance  or the lesser known What's Rangoon to you is Grafton to me.

I think I will change the bottom bracket to accept modern standard chain-rings.

I changed the saddle for another sprung saddle, scrounged from an abandoned Japanese ladies bike from about 1985.  It is a bit narrower and is more comfortable for me.  The Peugeot saddle cannot be moved backwards or forwards.  I put the replacement as far back as possible, that feels better to me, it felt too far forward before.

I see an NS22 went on ebay today for $122, it was in EC, original pump, elastic cords on racks and all, maybe the tyres a bit perished.

See the rear brakes on the NS22, under the lower chainstays:


I have only ever seen this before on early mountain bikes and recently on some BMX bikes.

This bike is on ebay now, $80 with 12 hours to go.  The owner kindly sent me some photos.  I can't get photos off ebay, right clicking doesn't give me a jpg image.  I'm sure there's some way around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment