Tuesday, January 11, 2011

trip to Melbourne


Opposite Flinders Street Station.



Parked alongside public bike-share bikes.  The scheme has not been a huge success, many say due to the compulsory helmet laws in the state of Victoria (and most, if not all, other Australian states).


I imagine the NS-22 is a bit lighter than these tanks.


Federation Square.

 Federation Square.

Federation Square.

Yarra River



Notice the man on the antique bike does not wear a helmet.  It doesn't seem cool.  I had not heard of this magazine until today when I saw these posters.  I know nothing about it.

Shrine of Remembrance, a war memorial, bike to left of stairs.

South Yarra train station.


South Yarra train station.


South Yarra train station.



Picasso-esque sculpture at the little-known cultural oasis of Frankston, one hour by train from Melbourne.


Bag tied on to rack with old tyre tube.


I see the white NS-22 in Adelaide went for $96.  There is a blue one in Melbourne, started at $100 and already has a bid, looks in EC, original tyres probably a bit tired.

I found the brakes OK in the wet today, at least not as useless as I remember another bike I had.

I have done about 50km on this bike since the computer was fitted.  The left cotter pin is a bit loose, I must get on to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment