Tuesday, January 4, 2011

custom pump and pedal grinding

Here's the pump I cut down to size:


It is about 28cm long when relaxed on the ground, maybe 25 when squashed between the two frame pegs:



It seems to work OK, I have used it once, for a $2 pump it seems a fair deal.  At a bike shop I saw two others similar, made in China, both $15, disgraceful.....  It doesn't get to a super high pressure, but I'd say that is due to its length rather than any manufacturing flaw, I should have used it before I shortened it to make a comparison.  At the above mentioned bike shop, they wanted $4 for a little brass adaptor, but another bike shop nearby charged me $2.50.  Conveniently, the brass adaptor fits in the top of the pump handle and slides all the way down inside the metal tube (piston rod?), the schraeder hose supplied with the pump is unaffected.



Pedal modification was a breeze.  I did a few laps of a bitumen tennis court and deliberately leant over into the corners and scraped the pedals along the ground.  This has improved ground clearance quite a bit:


1 comment:

  1. Nijanam Brass Industries is the leading brass part product supplier in India. We provide various kinds of products liks Brass Adaptor, Brass Male Bush and Cable Gland.

    ReplyDelete