Monday, January 10, 2011

new handlebars on the bike

While I changed the handlebars I also decided to make the right brake lever operate the front brake, left lever the rear brake, as in usual in Australia.  If I carry something in one hand I prefer to have my right hand on the bike and be able to use the front brake.  The rear brake cable would now look neater if it ran through the hole in the frame on the right of the bike, where the gear lever now goes.  That gear lever certainly is a distance away from the handlebars, that might be my next modification, in which case the rear brake cable and gear cable might swap holes in the frame.


 It feels a lot better to me like this with the new handlebars.  The right grip has not been pushed on far enough, the last cm or so has no bar behind it.  I used the original Peugeot grips, they needed about seven turns of duct tape around the handlebars to increase the diameter, you might notice a slight bulge in the shape of the grips.
 I travelled over a 1.11km (google earth measure) straight flat road, the bike computer said 1.10km, so it is about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment