Saturday, December 25, 2010

tyres

I think I wrote earlier the tyres are Michelin Comfort, they are in fact CoNfort.  I notice a little 09 on the side, I'm guess my tyres were made in 2009.

I see on ebay today there's another NS22 for sale in Australia, this one resprayed and converted to single speed.  I don't like the look of it much.  Has new tyres, owner says they are Vee Rubber.  I googled around and also see Kenda make this size, so seems like there's no problem finding them if you look hard enough.

I came across a blog:

http://littlebikeblog.wordpress.com/

the author rightly says the NS22 has a certain "je ne sais quoi", though he himself has a Gitane folding bike.


Once I saw one for sale on ebay, the owner said it was the Citroen DS of the bicycle world:


Another thought crossed my mind re Raleigh Twenty vs Peugeot NS22....

Half of 22 is 11, so the wheel radius is 11 inches.  Now, eleven is one more than ten, so it just gives you that little bit extra...  (see Spinal Tap, good movie).

I see quite a few Raleigh Twenties modified with modern parts, eg. on sheldonbrown.com and elsewhere.  A couple of years ago I owned a BSA Twenty (non-folding rebadged Raleigh Twenty).  I prefer the NS22.

I carted two kids on bike down a steep grass embankment today, together twice and singly twice each.  Too steep to ride back up, even without passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment