Saturday, December 18, 2010

Test ride...

I have put it all back together now.  Today I needed to put on the chain guard and reconnect the rear brake cable.  Somehow I have lost whatever it was the holds the rear brake cable sheath in position, so I have no rear brake now, maybe I never did, I have not ridden this bike a lot since it came my way.  I will sort it out.

I took it for a spin.  I think the seat must go, regrettably.  It just does not seem the right shape for me, maybe it is for a woman.  I'm also wondering about a seat pole with a bend in it, to move the seat further backward, like some BMXs have.

Many of the nuts and bolts are stainless steel and as good as new.

The crank rubs against the chain guard and makes a bit of a noise.

The stand seems to be a hollow tube made from stainless steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment