Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nhulunbuy



About to go for a shopping trip.  I carted home about 10kg from a supermarket 2km away.  Beats walking in the heat.



I'm very happy with my new front light, it has a real Heath-Robinson thirld-world look about it.


A 750ml bottle sits neatly in here.  It takes a very substantial bump to dislodge it, needs tying down when empty.  I can also tie two 600ml bottles to the front.






Funny sand on this beach, I couldn't get the bike to go more than 100m or so, usually less, before breaking the crust of the sand and sinking through.


The same island is visible in the photo above.

 This is closer to town, the sign is a few hundre metres from a primary school.

So far in Nhulunbuy I have not seen either a crocodile or another NS22.  However, I did find another Peugeot bike, with all the latest trendy stuff.  The owner seemed unimpressed that my cargo-laden contraption had anything in common with his gleaming machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment